Christopher B. Stover
Contact me here.
WCAV CBS19, Anchor/Reporter, Charlottesville, Va. (January 2010-Present)
- Serve as weekend anchor and general assignment reporter for the Charlottesville Newsplex, consisting of WCAV CBS19, WAHU Fox27 and WVAW ABC16.
- Update the website and Facebook and Twitter accounts with stories and information.
- Previously served as Web producer and 6 p.m. producer.
Temple University Creative Services, Freelance Editor, Philadelphia, Pa. (August 2009-December 2009)
- Proofed and edited publications for all departments at Temple University, serving 37,000 students
- Assisted with design and copywriting
WTXF FOX29, News Intern, Philadelphia, Pa. (Spring 2009)
- Assisted with newscast production of Fox’s O&O station in DMA No. 4
- Aided reporters and photographers in the field, in addition to researching stories at the assignment desk
- Rolled the teleprompter for noon, 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. newscasts, viewed by an average of 3 million people
The Temple News, Editor in Chief, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pa. (May 2008-May 2009)
- Oversaw Temple University’s student-run newspaper operation with an annual budget of $250,000
- Supervised editorial, advertorial and design content distributed through 10,000 issues weekly
- Managed 23 staff members and organize two weekly meetings
- Produced multimedia content, including audio and video packages, for The Temple News Online, which receives 60,000 hits per month
SEPTA, Marketing/Advertising Intern, Philadelphia, Pa. (Summer 2008)
- Created brochures and pamphlets for users of Philadelphia’s public transportation system
- Organized meetings with local colleges for brochure aimed at students
KYW CBS3, Assignment Desk Intern, Philadelphia, Pa. (Summer 2007)
- Worked in world’s first fully high-definition television station
- Edited packages, assisted reporters and producers in the field and pitched story ideas
Temple University Undergraduate Admissions, Owl Ambassador, Philadelphia, Pa. (2006-2009)
- Give tours of Temple University to upward of 50 people, three times a week
- Perform clerical work and data entry for the Undergraduate Admissions office
Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Local Organizer, Chadds Ford, Pa. (2005-Present)
- Raised more than $12,000 in four years for pediatric cancer research
- Named one of the Top 100 Stands in the country
Virginia Associated Press Broadcasters Award (2011)
- Awarded in the category of “Best Spot Photography” for shooting a fire at a fast food restaurant.
- Chosen by collegiate journalism syndicate as one of the top 100 college journalists in the country based on nominations from peers and faculty.
J. Douglas Perry Alumni Exceptional Promise Award (2009)
- Chosen by journalism department faculty to receive scholarship given to a graduating senior who has demonstrated the highest academic and professional promise.
Keystone Press Award (2009)
- Won second place in statewide competition for an article co-written by Morgan Zalot on campus crime. Award given by the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association for excellence in collegiate journalism.
Ted von Ziekursch Scholarship (2008)
- Chosen by journalism department faculty to receive award given to students with professional capability. Award named after Ted von Ziekursch, a former editor of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Temple University Diamond Award (2008)
- One of 25 students at Temple University to be recognized. Awardees demonstrate superior leadership, academic achievement, service to the university and impact on the community.
Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia Academic Scholarship (2008)
- Awarded scholarship based on academics and experience in the journalism field. One of 10 chosen out of more than 100 applicants in the entire Philadelphia area to receive the scholarship, given yearly.
Kappa Tau Alpha National Journalism Honor Society (2008)
- Invited to be involved in KTA, the honorary society for collegiate journalism students. Chosen based on a cumulative grade-point average that places students in the top 10 percent of their class.
A. Jacqueline Steck Award for Writing Excellence (2007)
- Earned recognition by journalism department faculty for writing in The Temple News. Award was given by the late Jacqueline Steck, a prominent Philadelphia journalist, and recognizes outstanding undergraduate writing.
Temple University Diamond Award (2006)
- Earned university-wide recognition for an award-winning article in The Temple News. Diamond Awards are given for the highest levels of student achievement inside and outside the classroom and celebrates students who distinguish themselves locally and nationally.
Keystone Press Award (2006)
- Won First Place in the collegiate level in the spot news category for an article on the SEPTA strike in October 2005. Award is given to reinforce excellence in the newspaper profession by recognizing journalism that consistently provides relevance and integrity.
American Cancer Society Academic Scholarship (2005, 2006)
- Received a scholarship from the American Cancer Society given to students who overcame a form of cancer and planned to continue their education at a higher level. Gave speech at the reception dinner to other recipients and their families.
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pa.
B.A., Broadcast Journalism, American Studies Minor
Summa Cum Laude; 3.87 Cumulative GPA; 4.00 Journalism Departmental GPA
Microsoft Office • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe InDesign • iNEWS • Final Cut Pro • Avid • Audacity • WordPress • ENPS • Clickability • WorldNow